God of War Ragnarok Nornir chests contain Idunn apples and horns of blood mead that increase your health and rage, so finding them is very important if you want to strengthen Kratos' power. Although there are only 35 chests compared to 48Bog rata Ragnarok Ravens, each requiring you to interact with three hidden seals found near the chest - you may need to rotate mechanisms that turn with an axe, ignite embers with blades, detonate statues with a spear, or solve some other rune-based puzzle. This means that finding and unlocking all the Nornir chests is a big undertaking, but a worthwhile oneBog rata Ragnarok.
You'll need to mine 15 Idunn Apples and 15 Horns of Blood Mead to lower Kratos' health and rage. The last five chests you unlock will give you things like Materials, Hacksilver, and Amulet Enchantments instead, but the Nornir chest in the Crucible will give you Chaos Flame. To help you find all 35 of these Nornir chests in God of War Ragnarok, here we have a list of all their locations, as well as solutions to all the rune puzzles.
God of War Ragnarok Nornir Chest and Walkthrough
God of War Ragnarok Svartalfheim Chests of Witches
1 Aurvengar Wetlands Witches sanduk 1
This Svartalfheim Nornir chest is probably the first one you'll find when you start your journey. When you come to the water wheel blocking your way forward, head to the dock on the right, then over the geyser (we haveGod of War Ragnarok water wheel puzzleto help you here as well). You will see a chest on the right right after you jump over the geyser and you need to break three urns to open it. Here's where you can find all the urns:
1. The first and second urns are immediately to the left and right of the chest
2. To find the third urn, use your ax to immediately freeze the geyser you sawagojumping to reach the chest. The urn is up in a new area that you can reach with frozen water.
2 Aurvengar Wetlands Witches sanduk 2
The second Nornir chest can be accessed through a small tunnel on the left side of the water channel before you reach the water wheel door. Look for a bright golden chest high up as you sail. Head through the tunnel and to the dock where you'll see a chest ahead and to the right.
You'll need to spin three mechanisms to match the letters on the front of the chest to open it, and you can find them here:
1. The first mechanism is in the area you can climb up to, on the left.
2. The second one is just above the entrance to the area behind the chest full of monsters. Turn around and look back to see her.
3. The third turning mechanism is behind the geyser to the right of the chest. Use your ax to freeze the water and see it clearly so you can read the symbols.
3. Radsvinn's Chest Rig Nornir
The Nornir chest is located on the platform surrounding the Radsvinn's Rig mining rig. Clear out all the monsters first and when they are gone, you need to set the three embers on fire with a powerful targeted attack from your Chaos Blades. You will find brandy here:
1. The first brazier is right next to the nornir chest that you can see on the left in the picture above.
2. Another brazier directly opposite, behind the broken fences. You can light it by throwing the ax into the ground behind the red pot so that it hits it on the way back.
3. The last brazier is behind some barrels on the back side of the platform. Blow them up with the sonic arrows to reveal it.
4 Chest Forge Nornir
You will find this Nornir chest when you first go to the forge, right after the train. However, you can't open it until you have the Draupnir Spear, as you'll need to spear through and destroy three totems at once. Once you have the spear (which is unlocked as part of the story), follow the wooden path until it splits and take the right branch into the rocky area and keep turning right until you find a chest.
Here you can find totems that you need to destroy, but rememberyou have to put a spear in each one before detonating them all in one go.
1. The first totem is just beyond the edge of the cliff right behind the chest.
2. The second totem is located on the rock to the left of the chest.
3. To find the third totem, head back towards the train platform and you'll see it on top of the rocks right where the wooden ramp starts.
5 Ironsmith Pitmines Witch chest
You'll find the Nornir chest as you make your way through the Jarnsmida Pitmines when you come to a puzzle that requires you to freeze a water wheel to lower a block and continue. The chest will be immediately visible in front of you when the block falls. You'll need to light three embers to open it.
1. The first brazier is right next to the chest as you can see in the picture above.
2. From the chest, turn around and look down into the hole behind you, the second ember is down there. If you didn't get your ax back from freezing the water wheel, do so to move the block so you can drop down and get it.
3. The last brazier is under the water supply that powers the wheel you used in the puzzle. Although you can freeze the water to reveal it, it will disappear as soon as you pick up the axe, so light the other two embers first to open the chest when you hit the third one.
6 Dark Tunnels Witch Chest
You can find this nornir chest when you access the Myrkr tunnel cover on the train platform near the forge. You'll see a chest while on the mission that takes you to that area - you'll go through a tunnel just after the room with the two water wheels and see a chest right in front of you as you exit. You'll need to light three embers to open it.
1. One ember is in an alcove on the right side of the tunnel approaching the chest, hidden behind some boxes that you will have to break to see it.
2. To find another brazier, go to the end of the corridor and look around the left corner.
3. The last ember is in the alcove at the end of the corridor on the left. It's out of reach of your Blades so you'll need to use the arrow sigil to cause a chain reaction of explosions to ignite it.
7 Dragon Beach Nornir chest
You will find this Svartalfheim Nornir chest on the beach with the dragon statue. To open it, you will need to break the three seals hidden behind the geyser. Throw the ax at the base of the geysers to freeze them and reveal the seals. You don't have to keep the water frozen to destroy them, but it will help you see them first. Once you know where to aim, reach in and use your ax to smash them. Or use the Draupnir Spear if you have one.
1. The first seal is behind the geyser directly behind the Nornir chest.
2. The second seal is behind the geyser on the beach by the crane.
3. The last seal is behind the geyser near the dragon statue. You can see it from the ground, but there are bars blocking your aim. To hit it, climb the wooden platforms overlooking the beach to get a clear shot.
8 Chest Alberich Isle of Nornir
The Nornir chest from Alberich Island is right at the top of the Svartalfheim map on the beach with a crane on one side and a water wheel on the other. You'll need to ring three bells to open it, and while you can see them all from the chest, you'll need to time it right to ring them all at once, so read the full instructions below before you begin.
1. The first bell is directly above the chest as you can see in the picture above.
2. Turn away from the chest and you will see a bell right behind you, hanging from a crane. It's obstructed by bars, so shoot the sonic arrows at the sonic stone collar on the crane to break it and lower the bell.
3. The last bell is to the right of the second one, behind a wooden platform and hidden behind more grates. You can pick it up by turning the wooden panel next to it with your ax, but it will start falling as soon as you stop hitting it, so ring this one first before going after the others.
9 Applecore Nornir Chest
This Applecore Nornir chest is just around the corner from the mystical door that you unlock as you make your way through the area in the quest that takes you there. You'll need the Draupnir Spear to open it though, which also accesses the shortcut back to the area once you have it. You will need to destroy three seals at the same time, so you need a spear - stab them all at once and then detonate all three.
1. The first seal is directly opposite the mystical passage.
2. The second one is at the end of the corridor by the tear of the kingdom (if you haven't closed it already) behind the ruins. You will see a red pot which you can explode to reveal it.
3. To find the final seal, turn right from the chest to the dead end that overlooks the cave. You should be able to see a spark under the waterfall - freeze it with the ax to reveal a seal.
10 Sword Sands Witch Chest
You will need the Draupnir Spear to get to this Nornir chest located at the entrance to Sverd Sands in Applecore in God of War Ragnarok. Use the Sverd Sands Mystic Gateway and head down the slope to the left (or use the zipline if you've already made it). Where the area opens up at the bottom, look for the Draupnir Spear hole in the recess and use it to get to the upper level. Follow the path to a chest that needs three seals destroyed by the spear at the same time to open.
1. The first and second seals can be seen hanging on the left side of the chest.
3. The third seal is on the recess to the right of the chest. If you go here and turn around, you'll be able to see all three at once.
God of War Ragnarok Alfheim Witch Chest
1 Strong Norn Chest 1
You'll find this Nornir chest if you veer slightly off the main path when you first arrive in Alfheim and head through Strond. From the starting room, follow the path up some ledges and crawl through the gap. As soon as you're done, turn left to find an opening in the rock where you can jump down to the lower area where the Nornir Chest is located. You'll need to find and light three runic braziers with the Blade of Chaos to unlock this chest:
1. One ember is opposite the chest near the edge of the cliff.
2. Follow the path to the right of the Nornir chest until you reach the edge of the cliff. Look down and you'll see another grill.
3. The final brazier is directly above the second one. However, to get to it, go back to the narrow wall and then continue along the main path, climbing up two ledges. After grabbing the second ledge, turn left and drop down to the lower level to reach the last ember.
2 Strong Norn Chest 2
To the right of the path leading to the Temple of Light is the second Strond Nornir chest. It requires the Draupnir Spear to open so you'll need to unlock the chest on your return visit once you have it. Once you've done that, you need to hit the next three statues with the spear and then detonate them all together to unlock the chest:
1. From the Nornir chest, turn right and you will see the first statue by the stone wall. It's near the cauldron of fire.
2. From the Nornir chest, turn around and head to the old tree on the rock - it's the tree on the left if you were coming down the main path towards the temple. You'll notice another statue to the right of the tree root.
3. Throw the spear into the glowing yellow cracks in the wall to the left of the Nornir chest and detonate it to reveal a small cave. You will be able to see the statue on the ledge across the inner pit. (You can also see this statue from the path near the main entrance to the temple.)
3 Chest Temple of Light Nornir
When you enter the temple of light, you will fight some enemies and cross the light bridge. You'll find Nornir's chest on the right, which is unlocked by ringing three hanging runic bells at once. Here you can find each bell and the order in which you should hit it to easily unlock the chest. You will need to do the following sequence in one go:
1. Go down the passage to the right of the Nornir chest and stop at the pink Twilight Stone on the wall to the right. You'll notice a metal grate blocking a window containing one of the hanging runes, but you won't be able to hit it. Shoot the green sonic stone in front of the hanging rune to remove the obstacle. Then return to the Nornir Chest and throw the Leviathan Ax down the passage to the Twilight Stone so it bounces off and hits the hanging rune…
2. ...quick summon the ax and throw it at the hanging rune just to the left of the Nornir chest...
3. ...finally, step a little to the left and look up from the previous rune to spot the last one hanging high in the garde.n area. Throw the ax to hit him and, if you were quick enough, the Nornir chest should unlock.
4 Škrinja Barrens Witches
You'll find this Alfheim Nornir chest in an elven building covered in hive matter, in the north of the Barrens. The chest and one of the three embers needed to unlock it are obscured by hive matter, so you must use the Leviathan Ax to clear it first. Go around the back of the structure and you'll be able to line up your shot to hit all the bumps at once. When it's clear, you can light the following three braziers:
1. You can find one brazier right next to the Nornir chest in front of the elven structure.
2. From the first brazier, walk around the structure and you will spot an open brazier on a rock.
3. Another ember is above the Nornir chest on the roof of the building. Use the ax to hit the explosive pot on the right and the explosion will ignite the brazier.
5 Below the Nornir Chest
You will arrive down there as part of the Secret of the Sands Favor in the Barrens of Alfheim. Follow the main path until you descend from the building onto the rock using the zipline. From here, grapple and climb across the gap and drop down to the lower level to find a Nornir chest facing a wooden door that you can pick up, blocking the tunnel to the building you just left. This chest is unlocked by hitting the three hanging runic bells at the same time. Here's where you can find them and the order of best hitting them to unlock the chest:
1. Use the ax and duskstone to clear the hive matter blocking the cliff. Now grapple through the new opening and climb up and right up the tall pillar. This will allow you to reach a small structure almost above the Nornir chest - one of the hanging runic bells is there. Make sure you open the door first, then hit the bell with the ax, run through the door and drop down to the Nornir chest.
2. The next rune is almost opposite the Nornir chest so throw the ax at it as soon as you get close.
3. The last hanging bell is opposite the Nornir chest that was behind the wooden door you raised earlier. Press this rune and you should have unlocked the Nornir chest, but if you weren't quick enough, try again.
6 Forbidden Sands Nornir Chest 1
To get this Nornir chest in Forbidden Sands, you need to head to the southwest area and look for a collapsed pillar that you need to duck under to reach a small arena. The Nornir chest is located in this arena, but can only be opened after you light the three nearby embers, which can be found in the following locations:
1. One brazier is to the right of the Nornir chest against the arena wall.
2. Go back under the pillar, outside the arena. Almost straight ahead you will see another brazier on top of a stone tower. You must set up a chain of Sigil Arrows to reach it.
3. From the previous blaze, turn right and head east to a wide arched rock formation. The final ember is located in a pile of rocks at the end of the formation and must be ignited using multiple sigil arrows.
7 The Forbidden Sands Nornir chest 2
The second Nornir chest of the Forbidden Sands and the last of Alfheim can be found under the Elven Sanctum in the northeastern area. Standing at the base of the shrine, you'll notice what looks like a sealed door in the stone wall. Smash the pile of rocks ahead to reveal a crawl space to get inside. The Nornir chest is at the end of the path and is unlocked by lighting three embers, but it's also covered in hive matter, so you'll need to remove that first by bouncing the Leviathan ax off some Twilight Stones, starting with the top one. above the chest. Sigil arrows are essential for firing all three of these embers, and remember that while you can only have three sigils active at a time, you can fire multiple arrows at the same sigil to expand its area of effect.
Here's how to light the three embers for this chest:
1. One ember is on a piece of rock to the left of the main path. Fire a Sigil Arrow at the lit campfire to ignite the nearby brazier.
2. The second fire pit is opposite the first one, on the right side of the main path next to a stone pillar. Use the lit campfire to the left of the brazier and make a chain of sigil arrows connecting the brazier to the fire to light it.
3. The third ember is behind the Hive Material door above the previous ember which can only be opened by hitting it with a Sonic Arrow. To light it, use the previous brazier as a fire source. Start by quickly placing a chain of Sigil Arrows that almost connects these two embers. Then quickly fire a Sonic Arrow at the door, then a Sigil Arrow at the lit ember to complete the chain and start an explosive chain reaction that lights up the last ember. This is hard to get right because you have to be quick.
God of War Ragnarok Vanaheim Witch Chests
1 chest Nornir of the Southern Wilds
You will come across this Nornir Chest when you first enter Vanaheim. You will need to spin three mechs to match the runes on the chest as well as burn the vines from the two mechs. You can do this with the Chaos Blades heavy R2 ranged attack.
1. The first mechanism is high up on the rock just to the left of the chest.
2. The second one is on the right on a vine covered rock that you will have to burn.
3. The last mech is back where you came from, up on some vine covered rocks that you'll need to burn. you can reach them where they grow to the left of the mechanism.
2 Nornir chest from the abandoned village
You will come across this Nornir chest during the quest 'Find a way to cross the broken bridge'. The chest is on the other side of the river you're trying to cross during this objective, and the overall goal is to use the fireproof bucket to burn the vines to get across. However, there are two embers that you can light as you go, and although you can light them afterwards, if you missed it, you'll save time by lighting them as you go.
1. The bridge puzzle will see you on a platform facing vines that you must burn to progress. However, from the starting platform you can bring the fire bucket around you and then swing it to the left to light the brazier hidden to the side. Also, note the brazier hidden in the tree roots opposite for the next stage.
2. The puzzle will then lead you to the left to a platform where by pulling the hanging fire bucket towards you you will swing the vine in front and remove it to open the way forward. While here, also pull the bucket to the left, again, to hit the brazier hidden in the tree roots.
3. When you cross the broken bridge, you can go back to the right and reach the river bank. Here you'll find a nornir chest and the third and final kindling brazier.
3 Cliff ruins Nornir chest
You'll find this God of War Ragnarok Nornir chest on a small beach in the Cliffside Ruins in the River Delta area - searchGod of War Ragnarok Lunda Armorpieces while you are here. It is located in the cliffs on the right side of the area, just above the small jump. You'll need to twist three mechanisms to open it, some of which require several steps to access. Here's where you can find them:
1. The first mechanism is immediately to the right of the chest. You'll have to jump over a small waterfall and look back to see it. Use sigil arrows to reach an area you can hit with your blades, then chain blast the plants to burn.
2. To see another mech climbing the towers over the wall to the far left of the chest location. From the tower closest to the main cliff, with the chain attached to the plants you can free, look into the cliff and down the hole to find the mechanism.
3. The final mechanism can only be seen from the opposite bank where the dwarven workshop is. Cross by boat or zip line and look back to see it.
4 sanduk Goddess Falls Witches
You'll find this chest climbing up the falls at Goddess Falls. The chest is to the right of the waterfall on a platform you can jump to. To open it, you need to light three embers, some of which require sigil arrows to reach.
1. The first ember is at the top of the waterfall just before you reach the chest. You'll need to stack the arrow sigil against the center pillar to reach an area that you can hit with Chaos Blades to chain an explosion and ignite it.
2. From the first brazier, continue left along the cliff to find the second one. You will have to put the chain back together of sigil arrows and blasts to reach him.
3. Return to the nornir chest and go through it to find the third brazier. Here you'll need to chain sigil blasts across two small stumps in the water to get to it.
5 Zastrti prolaz Nornir sanduk
This Vanaheim Nornir chest can be seen from the boat as you pass through Veiled Passage. It's a unique puzzle because you'll need to use a sigil arrow and a firebomb that you can pick up nearby to make them ringallrings at once.
The bells are on the other side of the river. Clear the vines on the right with the sigil arrow and fire bob, then chain the sigil arrows to touch all three bells so that one firebomb can cause three explosions to ring them all at once. Don't forget that you can shoot sigil arrows multiple times to increase their size if you're having trouble hitting anything.
6 Eastern Barri Woods Nornir Chest
You can find this nornir chest shortly after arriving in the Eastern Barri Forest area inside a small ruined building. There are three turning mechanisms in the following places:
1. The first mechanism is immediately to the left of the chest.
2. The second mechanism is down the long path to the left of the crate, under the turret. There's Wulver at the end to fight if you haven't already met him.
3. The last mechanism is almost immediately to the right, behind some vines that you will have to burn. Use the arrow sigil if you can't reach it.
God of War Ragnarok Midgard Nornir chests
1 Urd Nornir Well Chest
You'll find your first Midgard Nornir chest in the extreme northwest of the map towards the Well of Urd, encountered during the Word of Fate quest. You'll need to light three embers while climbing the cliff to open it.
1. The first brazier is to the right of the chest.
2. You will have to climb to the top to get to the second fire pit which you can see if you turn around and look back.
3. The last ember can be reached by going down to the level from the top where you lit the second one, you will also find a chest there.
2 Nornir Rower's Chest
You will see this God of War Ragnarok Nornir chest as soon as you enter the rowers underground area. However, you won't be able to open it until you complete the mission that brought you here and comebackinto the chest area through the initially locked door blocking one of the bells you must ring. Once you've opened the door and have a clear view of all three bells, you can ring them all at once and open the chest. Working left to right from the bell in the hole in the wall seems to be the easiest order.
3 Raider Hideout Witch sanduk
You can find this nornir chest in the raider's camp, which you will find at the entrance by the huge door at the end of Tyr's temple. You'll need to clear out the attackers first, then use the sigil arrows and firebombs you find on the side to light the three embers to open the chest.
1. The first ember is behind the red vines to the left of the chest. Use a Sigil Arrow and your Blades to burn it, then use a few chained Sigil Arrows to reach for your Blades again.
2. The second ember is behind the gold shards in the hole between the red wall curtains. Use an incendiary bomb to clear the rubble, then another to set it on fire.
3. The final ember is in the back of the cave-like hole near where you entered. The angle means you can't hit it directly with a firebomb because of the way it curves, so stack some sigil arrows below where youcanhit the post with your throw.
Chest of the Witch of Midgard 4
The final Midgard chest will require you to practicehow to open the Lost Treasure in God of War Ragnarokbefore you reach the last brazier inside. Here you can find all the roasters you need to light.
1. The first ember is hidden behind a round golden door and can be revealed when you roll it to the left with your Chaos Blades. Stack a few sigil arrows on the wall to reach it.
2. The second brazier is on the roof of the building. Again, it should be easy to reach with a few sigil arrows.
3. The last ember is inside the building and after you break the chain on the door to let your companion in, you can use the arrow sigil to reach it with your chains.
God of War Ragnarok Vanaheim Crater Nornir Chests
1 Lowland Nornir Chest 1
This Nornir chest is relatively out in the open in the Vanaheim Crater Plain, near the shop, the Altar of Heaven, and the mystic passage towards the northeast corner of the island of the Eastern Plain. To open the chest, you need to hit three hanging rune bells in quick succession, so here's where to find each one in the best order to hit them:
1. The first bell rune is covered in blue vines that need to be burned by Chaos Blades. Go to the nearby Mystic Gateway, then turn roughly west and look for the blue vines to the right of the large rock - get close and burn them to clear the hanging rune. You can then return to the Nornir chest and go around the stone wall to the left of it to see the rune.
2. The next and much more obvious rune is immediately to the left of the chest while the third is behind it. There's a stone ledge obscuring it so move a little to the right of the chest and you'll spot it.
2 Nornir Plains Chest 2
The second Nornir chest in Ravnica is in an area in the northwest of the western island that is blocked by a gate and a poisonous Scorn Pole - there is a small area you can reach that gives you a good angle to freeze the Scorn Pole, allowing you to go down and raise the gate. Head into the area and you'll notice a few more Scorn Poles, but a Nornir Chest will be straight ahead. Destroy these three runic seals to open it:
1. One rune seal is located on top of the rock wall to the left of the Nornir chest.
2. Head southeast from the Nornir chest and you'll find the next rune seal hidden inside a tree.
3. The last seal is by the tree behind the Nornir chest, but you'll have to go past the Scorn Pole to the right of the chest to get to it. Freeze the pole with the ax, then go around the tree to find the seal and use another weapon to destroy it.
3 Jungle Nornir chest
You'll need to open the dam and flood the crater to get to this one, so keep exploring if you haven't - eventually your companions will start talking about it and lead you to a mission to complete the objective.
Assuming you've brought the water back, you then sail across and down the stream a bit to reach the bank of the massive temple. The Nornir chest should be obvious as you land, as it will be right in front of you. To unlock it, use the Leviathan Ax to hit the rotating rune mechanisms that match those on the Nornir Chest. Here's where you can find them:
1. Above and to the right of the Nornir chest, you'll notice the first of three rune mechanisms on some ruins.
2. From the Nornir chest, head roughly northeast, passing the Altar of Heaven. You should notice some red, fungal vines hanging from the temple wall, so use the Sigil Arrow and Kratos' Blades to burn them to reveal another mech.
3. From the previous mech, turn right and grab onto the temple wall, then face the Altar of Heaven. The last mechanism is located approximately halfway up the altar.
4 Nornir Sinkhole Chest 1
The first Sinkholes Nornir Chest can be found right after descending into the region using the zipline in the east of the Plains. As soon as you land, turn around and run roughly west until you reach the tunnel where the Nornir Chest is located. To get the loot inside, you'll need to light three braziers:
1. One brazier is at the end of the tunnel where the Nornir chest is located. Go to the end and look at the cliff wall on the right. You'll need to use a chain of Sigil Arrows to light it.
2. Look to the right of the Nornir chest and you'll spot the next ember above a small pond.
3. To get to the last ember, use the grapple point on the right side of the pond and then continue grappling until you reach the top of the zipline. You can spot the brazier on the ledge to the right, but it's too far away. Grab the wall to the left of the zipline and follow the path to a point where you have to jump over a gap in a stone bridge almost directly above the embers. Standing on this gap allows you to place a chain of sigil arrows to light up the last ember.
5 Nornir Sinkhole Chest 2
This Nornir chest in the sinkholes is another one that you'll have to flood the crater to get to, as you can only get to the chest by boat. Sail around the Sinkholes to reach a large circular area with two doors on either side - it's in the southeast of the Sinkholes area on the map. Pick up the north door and sail to enter the dragon's lair and progress as normal. You'll eventually climb up a small cliff to reach the boss arena, and the Nornir chest is on the edge overlooking the water. This one is unlocked by detonating three statues at once with the Draupnir spear, so you'll find them here:
1. From the chest, head left towards the boss arena and you will spot a pale stone pillar that you can climb. On the pillar is a small shelf with a statue that is hard to miss.
2. To the right of the Nornir chest and past the gold chain leading to the small boat dock, you'll see a lone pillar. Another of the statues is on top of this pillar.
3. From the previous statue, turn 180 degrees and head roughly northeast to a dirt area covered in plants that is blocked off. The last statue is located on a small dirt ledge on the right.
God of War Ragnarok Muspelheim Witch Chests
1 Burning Cliffs Nornir chest
There is only one Nornir chest waiting for you in Burning Cliffs, and you can get it first during the quest 'The Summoning' or by returning to Muspelheim when possible. You will need the Draupnir Spear which you will unlock at this point.
After following the path down from the Mystic Gateway, you'll need to cross a narrow ledge below a lava fall. Continue along the path and keep right until you see a rock with glowing cracks. Throw and detonate the Draupnir Spear to make your way into a small area where you'll find a Nornir chest. You'll need to light three braziers to get what's inside, so here's where to look:
1. Look up and to the right of the Nornir chest to find the first brazier.
2. Exit the Nornir Chest area and turn right. You will be able to see another fire pit against the stone wall, but you are separated from it by a stream of lava. Use Sigil Arrows to make a chain that reaches the brazier, then set the chain on fire using Blades of Chaos as usual.
3. Return to the Nornir Chest area and turn around to face away. You will see the last ember as well as the previous one above the lava stream. You will need to create another chain of Sigil Arrows, this time from the unlit brazier to the one you just lit. This will cause a chain reaction of explosions to light the final grill and unlock the chest.
2 Nornir Chest Muspelheim Crucible
There is one Nornir chest in the middle of the main battle arena in the Crucible. However, the unlock method is unique because it requires you to complete itGod of War Ragnarok Muspelheim challengesand combat trials in three smaller arenas - these are scattered around the edge of the central arena and each has a large, golden sword marked with the Nornir Chest rune within it. Communicate with them to start the battle trial. You don't have to complete the combat trials in any particular order, but each one you complete (there are two per sword) will give you a letter to unlock a chest. Here's where you can find all three swords:
1. From the shop overlooking the arena and the Nornir chest, head left and follow the path to the small arena. The sword here activates the Weapon Mastery and Flawless challenges to remove the first rune from the Nornir chest.
2. Exit and head left to the next arena, to find the next sword which gives you the Ring Out trials and Feed the Rift to get the next rune.
3. Finally, leave the second area and go left to the third arena. The sword here gives you the Population Control and King of the Hill challenges to earn the final rune and unlock the Nornir chest.
Now just go back to the main arena to open the chest and collect your reward.
God of War Ragnarok Niflheim Nornir chests
1 Aesir Prison Wreck Nornir Chest
There is only one Nornir chest in Niflheim, but you can only get it after passing itGod of War Ragnarok Crash. When you do, you'll find a new path that leads to the wreckage of the Aesir prison near the Raven Tree. Once you go downstairs, you'll find a Nornir chest on the southwest side of the prison and you need to break three runic seals to unlock it. Clear the entire prison first though so you don't have to worry about enemies while you're doing it. Here are the three stamps you need:
1. To face the Nornir chest, turn right until you see a rune seal on the ground in the corner created by a collapsed wall and a metal door.
2. Go down to the second floor and go to the locked cell on the northeast side of the prison. Lift the door and you'll find the next seal inside the cell opposite the window.
3. The last seal is at the bottom of the central shaft of the prison, so you'll need to get to the lowest floor and look around around the ice shards in the middle.
There are 35 Nornir Chests in God of War Ragnarök, with 30 containing either an Apple of Idunn or a Horn of the Blood Mead. Finding apples will increase Kratos' maximum health, and finding horns increases Kratos' maximum Rage.How many Nornir chests are in God of War Ragnarok? ›
There are 35 Nornir Chests in God of War Ragnarök, with 30 containing either an Apple of Idunn or a Horn of the Blood Mead. Finding apples will increase Kratos' maximum health, and finding horns increases Kratos' maximum Rage.How do you open all Nornir chests in God of War Ragnarok? ›
You'll see the second bell on the nearby balcony to your left. Throw your ax at it. Recall the ax from the second bell as quickly as you can and immediately hit the third bell, which is right next to the Nornir Chest. If you get all three fast enough, you'll be able to open the Nornir Chest.What are the Nornir chests in Ragnarok? ›
Nornir Chests in God of War Ragnarok are devious environmental puzzles set by the fates of Norse mythology to hide rare and powerful items from the unworthy. Each rune chest is sealed by three symbols and can only be opened when all of them have been destroyed.How old is Kratos? ›
In God of War Ragnarök, it's likely that Kratos is around 1,055 years old. He's something of an old man, but as a demigod, he is still more than young enough to hold his own and then some in battle.What is a juicy nokken? ›
Currently, the three most convincing theories (via Reddit) are that a “Juicy Nokken” is another word for skinny dipping, a sexual act involving water (and possibly a Nokken), or Brok's nickname for his reproductive organ.How tall is Kratos? ›
Kratos is six feet and four inches tall in God of War: Ragnarok. With his massive build, being 6'4" makes him quite bigger than an average man. (He is a Spartan God and thus is supposed to be larger than average.) However, compared to the other gods' physique in-game, he is actually on the shorter end of the spectrum.How to max out Kratos Ragnarok? ›
God of War Ragnarok: Levelling System Explained
The quickest way to level up Kratos is by completing sidequests and exploring each of the Nine Realms as much as possible. This will lead you to find additional crafting resources, Hacksilver currency, and crafting blueprints for Brok and Sindri.
While he wouldn't know it for most of his life, Kratos was a demigod as he is the son of Zeus, but he would later become a full-on god, the God of War to be precise, after killing Ares.Where is the letter R in God of War Ragnarök? ›
The R Rune is located behind the petrified dragon at the Southern half of the beach. Freezing the geyser will reveal that the rune is protected by some metal grating: you'll have to circle around the statue and hit the Rune from behind.
If you're playing on the easier difficulty setting, you can skip whatever chest you want. If not, maybe think about putting some time into opening Nornir Chests and deciphering puzzles hidden around you. Unless you look at our God of War Ragnarök guides, you'll most likely never know what is in each chest.Where is the R rune in God of War? ›
Alfheim Nornir Chest 3 - Horn of Blood Mead
The “R” looking rune is found just behind the chest, while the “C” looking rune is to the left through a broken window past the dead body of a Light Elf. Finally, turn back the way you came to find the “N” looking rune hanging over the ledges going back down.
One of the rarest items in God of War Ragnarok is the Essence of Hel. What makes Essence of Hel so rare is that there are only six locations that you can collect them from in the game and they require a lot of effort to acquire them.What is the best armor set in God of War? ›
The Steinbjörn armor set is one of the best in the game, and definitely worth the time commitment needed to round up its pieces. By far, the go-to piece is the chest armor, as it grants a ton of defense and a skill that lets you restore health by dealing damage.What is the gross secret in God of War? ›
"Groa's Secret" is the fourth major quest in God of War Ragnarok. This adventure sees Kratos, Atreus, and Tyr head into Alfheim to find Groa's prophecy and see for themselves the implication of going against Odin and the approach of Ragnarök.How much can Kratos lift? ›
Maximum lifting height: 300 m.How old is Kratos 5? › How many gods has Kratos killed? ›
He's killed 19 Full blooded Gods.Does Sindri hate Kratos? ›
The short version of God of War: Ragnarok's ending
Odin makes his grand revelation by stabbing and killing Brok. That turns Sindri, normally gregarious and deferential, into an angry Dwarf, deeply resentful of Kratos, Atreus and their role in setting up Brok's death.
God of War's Atreus is a version of Loki that most people haven't seen, providing a refreshing take on a classic character. In 2018's God of War, there's a big reveal that Kratos' son, Atreus, is actually the Norse God Loki.
Atreus was 11-years-old in God of War, and God of War Ragnarok takes place approximately three years after the original. We know this because in Norse mythology, as confirmed by Mimir in the game, Fimbulwinter is said to last for three years in the lead-up to Ragnarok.How heavy is Kratos? ›
Again, based on his appearances in SoulCalibur and Mortal Kombat, Kratos at his prime likely weighs 240 lbs (109 kg). This of course doesn't take into account muscle mass and potential body fat percentage.Is Kratos 7 feet tall? ›
Kratos is exactly six feet and four inches tall (or about 1.93 meters, if that helps) in God of War: Ragnarok.Who is taller Kratos or Thor? ›
Thor towers above Kratos, making him quite the foe for our protagonist. Kratos likely wouldn't match Thor's height even on tip-toes. Thor is quite a broad chap, too, so his size really is quite imposing when compared to Kratos.What happens when you 100% God of War Ragnarok? ›
Sony Hitting 100% completion across all realms is an achievement in itself, but don't expect any bonus rewards just for getting there. From valuable resources to the most powerful weapon upgrades and armor pieces on offer, completing as much of Ragnarok as possible is your key to the absolute best builds.How to get to level 7 in gow ragnarok? ›
- 1 Complete As Many Labors As Possible.
- 2 Undergo The Various Challenges Of Surtr's Gauntlet. ...
- 3 Unlock Every Nornir Chest Found. ...
- 4 Always Look For The Best Armor And Upgrade It. ...
- 5 Weapon Attachments, Relics, And Amulets. ...
- 6 Embark On Every Favor. ...
- 7 Read Every Rune In Sight. ...
How to Quick Turn in God of War Ragnarok. The quick turn move spins Kratos around 180 degrees so he can quickly change direction. It's a handy little manoeuvre that allows you to tackle enemies that might be approaching from behind.Why is Kratos skin white? ›
As the temple burned, a village oracle cursed Kratos and condemned him to wear the "mark of his terrible deed"; the ashes of his family, which turn his skin pale white, earning him the title "Ghost of Sparta".Can Kratos fly? ›
Kratos kept the Icarus Wings, which still allowed him to glide, as well as granted him the new Icarus Ascension ability and allowed him to fly straight up into the air in order to use air Combos on tall enemies.What is Kratos full name? ›
Blowing the minds of the gaming world, he's apparently called John Kratos. Yes, much like Halo's Master Chief actually being called John-117, he's John Kratos. Joining the club alongside Master Chief, John Marston, Johnny Cage, and John Shepard, Kratos has a new name badge that we didn't see in God of War Ragnarok.
The F Rune is found at the shore: look for a geyser among some large bones close to the Southern boat shore. As before, freeze the geyser to get an idea of where the rune is, then recall and throw it at the rune to break it!What is the hateful Gow Ragnarok? ›
Who is The Hateful in God of War Ragnarök? The Hateful is an ugly and scary-looking boss you will encounter while going to the Applecore mines. Even though he looks scrawny, his axes deal decent damage that can become lethal if you aren't careful.Where is Fenrir Gow Ragnarok? ›
In post-game, Fenrir is seen resting in Jötunheim in the company of Angrboda.Are Odin's Ravens missable? ›
Odin's Ravens return as a collectible in the game, with 48 of Odin's Ravens to collect across the nine realms. None of the Ravens are missable.How do you unlock Vanaheim? ›
How to Start For Vanaheim. You will automatically unlock this quest the first time you set foot in The Crater Region. However, to get to The Crater, you will need to complete another favor called Scent of Survival.Where is Svartalfheim undiscovered? ›
You can find it on Alberich Island, after you've completed the Forging Destiny main quest.What are the runes on Atreus neck? ›
Atreus' tattoos are all written in Norse runes. When translated into English, the tattoo on his neck reads "steady mind". The one that circles his right arm translates to "fortune to strike" or "lucky shot", a perfect representation of his archery prowess.Where is the black rune? ›
Down the hall opposite from the main vault room are two alternating spiky blocks moving horizontally into the wall. You can freeze the second one and dodge past the first to find a Nornir Chest at the end of hall. Turn around and look at the active spike block to find the “C” looking rune on this side when it extends.What language is rune in God of War? ›
The written language of Old Norse is spoken as Icelandic and is written in runes (mostly Elder Futhark). Other self-made runes is also featured in the God of War series.What is the coolest armour in God of War Ragnarok? ›
Surtr's Scorched set is arguably the best armor in God of War Ragnarok, but it's also one of the most difficult and most time-consuming sets to unlock. It makes up for this somewhat, however, with huge stat bonuses to Strength, Defense, and Vitality, not to mention a couple of incredibly useful skills.
The most dominating weapons in God of War Ragnarok are Leviathan Axe & Blades of Chaos. Leviathan Axe is Kratos' primary & offensive weapon & is one of the best weapons. It is extremely powerful & is a source of greater damage.Is there a secret item in God of War Ragnarok? ›
The Mysterious Heirloom
In God of War Ragnarok, one of the equippable Relics that you can find is a Mystical Heirloom, which seems to serve no purpose, but there is in fact a hidden ability to it.
|Zeus Armor Piece||God of War Boss|
|Cuirass of Zeus||Defeat Sigrun, Queen of the Valkyries|
|Gauntlets of Zeus||Defeat Gondul, the Valkyrie of Muspelheim|
|War Belt of Zeus||Defeat Hildr, the Valkyrie of Niflheim|
If Sindri's armor is designed for players who rely on Runic abilities, then Brok's armor is for those who often use Spartan Rage since each piece boosts the Rage Meter fill by 10%.What is Kratos secret number? ›
There are two secret numbers you can call by doing two tasks: The number for finishing God Mode: 1-800-613-8840. For destroying the statues in the throne room: 1-888-447-5594.Is there a secret ending in Gow? ›
long story short, yes, God of War Ragnarök does have a secret ending. To get the secret ending in God of War Ragnarök, after the final battle, you need to return to Sindri's House (the magical inter-dimensional hub that Kratos has called home throughout the game).Do you get anything for 100% Gow? ›
In short, hitting 100% completion across every realm in God of War Ragnarok doesn't come with its own bonus reward.How many runic attacks are there in God of War Ragnarok? ›
Just like the Leviathan Axe in God of War Ragnarok, the Blades of Chaos have a total of 10 Runic attacks; five Light and five Heavy. Players can either collect them while doing the main quest or completing Favors.Do you get anything for 100% God of War Ragnarok? ›
In short, hitting 100% completion across every realm in God of War Ragnarok doesn't come with its own bonus reward.How many treasures are in God of War Ragnarok? ›
Here are the locations of all the 10 God of War Ragnarok Treasure maps and the solutions to their puzzles, arranged by realm.
To get all Apples/Horns you need the Nornir Chests. To fully repair the Amulet of Yggdrasil you need the Legendary Chests because they contain the parts.Is Luck good in God of War? ›
Luck does many things that help Kratos throughout his quest. Most importantly, Luck increases XP gains and Hacksilver acquisitions. This is incredibly useful when considering post-campaign content. The Hacksilver can be used to help players craft new armor for both Kratos and Atreus.How long would it take to 100% Gow Ragnarok? ›
When focusing on the main objectives, God of War: Ragnarök is about 26 Hours in length. If you're a gamer that strives to see all aspects of the game, you are likely to spend around 53 Hours to obtain 100% completion.What does Luck do in Gow? ›
As described in the game, Luck increases rewards and increases the probability of chance abilities triggering more often.